Saturday, April 21, 2007

Monday 16th shopping, High Tea at Mariage Freres on Bourg-Tibourg

lisa not brad......

Today was my shopping day. First stop Mora, a GREAT cooking store.
I got a bunch of items that you either can't get in the U.S or they are super expensive.

Next stop was the chic shopping area by La Madeline. I thought i would save time by jumping on the Metro. Wrong. As many of you know I have NO sense of direction. I can get home from a place because i visually see where i am going, however even with a map i can't get myself anywhere.

After exiting the wrong exit from the Metro I ended up in front of Fauchon.
Actually this was perfect because i wanted to go there. Next I was trying to find Longchamp.
I could go right or left and of course i chose the wrong direction. I was dressed right to go into all these stores and I was even wearing high heels. (i was wearing flip flops and then i would change before going into the store) I didn't want to look like a stupid american.


Tres Chic Shopping





















OK enough shopping, time for High Tea. I called Brad and he met me at Mariage Freres. This is a lovely tea salon. I think there are 3 or 4 in the city. The funny thing is the French think they invented tea. After sitting down they give you a book in English and in French explaining just how "they" invented tea. So of course I had French Breakfast tea and some YUMMMY food.

The picture at the top of this posting was my lunch.

No comments: