Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Rue Raspail market, Poilane, David Lynch exhibit, and cooking school








Today, I did something I've wanted to do for a long time. I took a cooking class. Yes, in French and no I didn't understand much of what was being said, but the good thing about cooking is it's all visual. Seriously, the chef actually spoke English very well and she translated a few things for me. This school was recommend to me by my friend, Melissa Ceria. The class was only an hour and 1/2. The class was on Macarons. We made 3 kinds; chocolate, caramel and strawberry. Yum, Yum and Yum!
Macarons before they go into the oven. These are the ends or as Brad calls them the buns to the mini hamburgers.
Thanks Melissa for such a great recommendation!

My final product! There was a third kind (strawberry) but someone ate them ;-)

2 comments:

mary charas healy said...

Mon Dieu! They look Delicieux! Quelle un marvelieux idee.

isabelle mattiuzzo said...

Hello,
I want to try your macarons. If you want to buy very good macarons, go to Palce de la Madeleine. You are going to find the most famous store of macarons.
Bon appetit et a tres bientot.
ISabelle& Co